Horse Insurance | Equine Insurance Center
Providing Clients throughout Lafayette County, Louisiana, Horse Insurance; Equine Mortality, General Liability for Farm & Ranch, Individual Horse Owners, Riding Clubs, Race Horse Owners Liability and Catastrophic Umbrella Coverage.
Over 35 years experience insuring horses and horse-related businesses, we understand the risks and liabilities you’re exposed to. We believe in offering insurance choices and are committed to providing superior customer service. Our goal is to provide you with insurance to protect all of your equestrian investments… your horse, equestrian business, or horse farm. We work with many of the top horse insurance companies across Lafayette County, Louisiana, all “A” rated or higher, which allows us to find comprehensive and affordable solutions for your equine insurance needs.
We welcome any and all questions related to insuring your horse or your farm/ranch property in Lafayette County, Louisiana! Please explore the website, and if you need any further information please feel to call us: (888) 335-3338. We’re Horse People, Too!
Mortality Policies: Full Equine Mortality Insurance is available with optional coverages, such as medical & surgical, loss of use or air transport/overseas territory extension.
Private Horse Owner Liability: Insurance for you as a private horse owner, should your horse injure someone or damage property, both on and off your premises.
Commercial Equine Operations: Insurance protection designed for almost any type of horse-related business, both on your own premises or rental/leased property.
Farm or Ranch Policies: Farm and Ranch Insurance coverage includes packages for small pleasure horse farms to multi-location commercial operations.
Riding Instructor and Horse Trainer: Insurance protection for an individual or businesses providing horse training, riding lessons, and more.
Catastrophic Umbrella: The umbrella coverage includes defense coverage plus some additional coverages not included on primary liability policies.
General Liability – Horse Insurance Lafayette County, Louisiana
These equine coverages from our carriers is very important to you if you perform any commercial equestrian activities such as boarding, instruction, training, breeding, etc. Coverage may be provided if you are sued by a third party who is injured or whose property is damaged. The equine insurance policy issued by our companies can cover defense costs and pays claims for which you are legally liable up to the policy limits.
Equine Personal Liability
In the event your horse injures a third party or damages their property, this Policy can provide coverage for defense fees as well as pays claims for which you are legally liable during the policy period.
Equine Professional Liability Coverage
Our companies can provide Equine insurance coverage for claims and defense fees resulting from negligent acts, errors or omissions by the Insured’s professional equestrian activities.
You must complete a general liability application in order to obtain a quote, this coverage cannot be quoted over the phone.
Farm & Ranch – Horse Insurance Lafayette County, Louisiana
We offer one of the industry’s broadest and most comprehensive products available to the modern day horse farm owner at a competitive price. Coverage can be custom designed to meet the specific needs of your operation from a small acreage pleasure farm to a multiple location commercial farm.
Following are some of the highlights:
Eligibility: Individuals, partnerships, corporations, limited liability corporation(LLC), owner or tenant operator.
Format: Multi-line policy able to include dwelling, personal property, farm property, farm personal property, liability, auto, care, custody or control, watercraft, and umbrella in one policy. Availability for some coverages may be limited depending upon the state in which you live.
You must complete an application in order to obtain a quote for this coverage.
Individual Horse Owners – Horse Insurance Lafayette County, Louisiana
Horse Owners are faced with unique liability exposures that may not be adequately covered under normal personal liability policies such as a homeowner policy. Our companies have specifically designed an insurance policy to cover the horse owner’s legal liability for both bodily injury and property damage to others resulting from horse ownership. Individual owners of personal or show horses who do not derive income nor are involved commercially are eligible.
Liability coverage, including defense costs, is available with limits up to $1,000,000. Prices are very competitive, beginning at only $40 per horse, subject to minimum premiums.
Care, Custody & Control – Horse Insurance Lafayette County, Louisiana
Equine Care, Custody or Control insurance is an essential coverage for all horse operations which involve non-owned horses, including boarding, breeding and training. Standard General Liability Insurance excludes coverage for personal property (horses are an example) in your Care, Custody or Control Care. This coverage fills this void by promising to pay all sums you are legally obligated to pay for damage to non-owned horses in your Care, Custody or Control. This coverage does not apply to horses that you own or lease. Mortality Insurance is designed for these needs.
Your policy will cover up to the chosen policy limits for the injury, theft or death of the horses in your Care, Custody or Control. Policy limits are available up to $2,500,000 per horse and $5,000,000 maximum loss per policy year.
Defense costs for lawsuits are also included in this coverage including the cost of bail bonds, interest on judgments against you and expenses you incur at our request to assist in the defense, including loss of earnings, up to $100 per day.
Riding Clubs Liability – Horse Insurance Lafayette County, Louisiana
Riding clubs and their varied functions pose unique liability exposures, which need specially designed coverage tailored to these needs. Our Riding Club Liability programs have the flexibility to be custom tailored to cover such exposures as premises liability for meetings and fund-raisers, trail rides, boarding, clinics and public events (i.e. shows and parades). The policy can be written on a short-term basis for one-time events or annually.
Coverage is designed to insure the club and its members for sums legally obligated to pay for bodily injury and property damage resulting from club activities. Liability limits are available up to $1 million.
Race Horse Owners Liability – Horse Insurance Lafayette County, Louisiana
Many people own race horses as an investment or simply as an enjoyable hobby. The forms of ownership are many — including but not limited to individuals, partnerships, corporations, etc. These owners face unique liability exposures for injury or damage resulting from the ownership of these horses. As a business exposure, this liability is normally excluded under any personal homeowner insurance the owner may have.
Our insurance companies that deal with race horses have recognized this need and in response to that need our insurance companies provide a Race Horse Owners Insurance Policy (RHO) for racing stock owners that are not directly involved in breeding, training or racing, but contract with independent contractors. Certificates of Insurance should always be obtained from these independent contractors.
Should a person be injured or property damaged as a result of your horse racing activities, our insurance companies will, subject to policy exclusions, defend you in court and pay claims for which you are legally liable. Policy limits are available up to $1,000,000.
Catastrophic Umbrella – Horse Insurance Lafayette County, Louisiana
Our companies provide broad catastrophic umbrella protection over and above Farm, Auto and Watercraft primary liability coverage. In today’s environment characterized by rising values and an increasingly litigious society, often times primary liability limits of $500,000 to $1,000,000 prove disastrously inadequate to protect your assets.
The umbrella coverage includes defense coverage plus some additional coverages not included on primary liability policies. Available limits range from $1 million to $25 million with very competitive pricing and a self-retained limit of only $1,000.
Certain exclusions and conditions apply.
- A and M Mobile Home Park, LA
- Acadian Acres Mobile Home Park, LA
- Angelles Mobile Home Community, LA
- Anite Mobile Home Park, LA
- Arbolada Addition, LA
- Belle Place Trailer Park, LA
- Bendel Gardens, LA
- Benoit Mobile Park, LA
- Billeaud, LA
- Brambles Mobile Home Park, LA
- Broadmoor, LA
- Broussard, LA
- Bruces Mobile Home Park, LA
- C and D Mobile Home Park, LA
- Cadillac Street Mobile Home Park, LA
- Cajun Country Mobile Home Park, LA
- Cajun Mobile Home Village, LA
- Capitan, LA
- Carencro, LA
- Carroll Ann Mobile Home Park, LA
- Charmon Mobile Home Park, LA
- Chester Domingue Mobile Home Park, LA
- Clifton Camochahe Mobile Home Park, LA
- Clifton Mobile Home Park, LA
- Conques Mobile Home Park, LA
- Country Aire Mobile Home Park, LA
- Country Pine Mobile Estates, LA
- Countryside Mobile Home Park, LA
- Cozy Acres Mobile Home Park, LA
- Credeur Mobile Home Park, LA
- Crepe Myrtle Mobile Home Park, LA
- Cypress Mobile Estates, LA
- Daves Mobile Home Village, LA
- Duson, LA
- Elks, LA
- Evangeline Trailer Park, LA
- Executive Choice Mobile Home Park, LA
- Flanders, LA
- G and R Mobile Park, LA
- Gloria, LA
- Going West Mobile Estates, LA
- Golden Acres Mobile Home Park, LA
- Guilbeaux Historical, LA
- Hebert Mobile Home Park, LA
- Holiday Mobile Home Villa Park, LA
- Indian Hill Mobile Home Park, LA
- J and J Mobile Home Park, LA
- James Daigle Mobile Home Park, LA
- Judice, LA
- Kings Court Mobile Home Park, LA
- La Roulette Mobile Home Park, LA
- Lafayette, LA
- Lakeview Mobile Home Park, LA
- Landall Mobile Estates, LA
- Landry Historical, LA
- Lantier Mobile Home Park, LA
- Larabee, LA
- Long Bridge, LA
- Maxies Mobile Valley, LA
- Melanie Mobile Home Park, LA
- Miguez Mobile Home Park, LA
- Milton, LA
- Mobile Home Acres, LA
- Mouton, LA
- Mouton s Trailer Park, LA
- Mr B s Mobile Home Park, LA
- New Flanders, LA
- Norberts Golden Gate Mobile Home Park, LA
- North Acadian Mobile Home Park, LA
- Northgrove Mobile Home Park, LA
- Oak Park Estates Mobile Home Park, LA
- Ossun, LA
- Parkland Mobile Home Park, LA
- Pecan Acres Mobile Home Park, LA
- Pilette, LA
- Plauches Little Acres Mobile Home Park, LA
- Pont Des Mouton, LA
- Potpourri Village Mobile Home Park, LA
- Queens Row Mobile Home Park, LA
- Quiet Living Mobile Home Park, LA
- Ridge, LA
- Royal Mobile Home Park, LA
- Sadou, LA
- Scott, LA
- Shiloh Mobile Home Park, LA
- Shorts Mobile Estates, LA
- Smiling C Mobile Home Park, LA
- Smittys Mobile Home Park, LA
- Southern Consumer Mobile Home Park, LA
- Stekey, LA
- Summerwood Mobile Home Community, LA
- Sunrise Mobile Home Park, LA
- T and M Mobile Home Park, LA
- Tecos Mobile Home Park, LA
- Thibodeaux Mobile Home Park, LA
- Twisted Oaks Mobile Park, LA
- Vatican, LA
- Vatican Square Mobile Village, LA
- Vermillion Court Mobile Home Park, LA
- Victoria Village Mobile Home Park, LA
- Village Park Mobile Estate, LA
- Walroy, LA
- Warren Landry Mobile Home Park, LA
- West Gate Trailer Park, LA
- Whittington Heights Mobile Home Park, LA
- Willow Springs Mobile Home Park, LA
- Youngsville, LA